Key challenges in getting the project up and running
- Establishing a good process for developing ways of working together
- Managing/organising the project group – time and skills needed to create systems for communal decision making e.g. deciding what the project will look like and how aims will be met.
- Developing a process for dealing with tensions and responding to challenges that may arise e.g. what happens if someone isn’t following the agreed ethics and others want them to leave? What happens if someone is no longer able to work? What happens if someone decides they’d like to leave?
- Managing the use of online tool for sharing the process and development of the project – time and skills needed
- Housing – there has to be suitable affordable temporary housing e.g. Tiny Homes that can go up quickly and enable businesses to get on the ground
- Planning consent – how do we approach planning? (We have experience but there might be new/different challenges)
Key questions for the group to address once it is formed
- How are resources shared?
- How is land allocated?
- What kind of businesses are people interested in?
- How do businesses interact with each other?
- Finding the right financial model – exploring investment options
- Obtaining planning permission for rural dwellings etc.